Thursday, July 18, 2013

These Children Are Dear to Me



Last evening I posted this on the Facebook page, but I love it so much that I want to put it here too:

Card posted on the inside front cover of Amy Carmichael's Bible with these words:

"'These children are dear to Me. Be a mother to them, and more than a mother. Watch over them tenderly, be just and kind. If thy heart is not large enough to embrace them, I will enlarge it after a pattern of My own. If these young children are docile and obedient, bless Me for it; if they are froward, call upon Me for help; if they weary thee, I will be thy consolation; if thou sink under thy burden, I will be thy Reward.' (The words are followed by a picture of the Shepherd, reaching for a lamb while a vulture hovers overhead.)" ~ From A Chance to Die, the Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael, by Elisabeth Elliot


My comment on this is that we're all very touched by Amy's ministry to these precious children in India, and this little note card speaks to that, but it occurred to me that I find these words so appropriate for any mother to paste inside of her Bible. How powerful is this, dear mamas in your sweet and precious labors to your children? He is with you. He is helping you. He loves them more even than you do.

In His Love,
Maxine, a/k/a Nanna

No comments:

Post a Comment