Saturday, September 28, 2013

I Am Love






I shared this poem on Facebook and love it so much I want to have it here too. This is about the essence of love and I like that much of it is about the love within the family.

Some say I can fly on the wind, yet I haven't any wings.  
Some have found me floating on the open sea, yet I cannot swim. 
Some have felt my warmth on cold nights, yet I have no flame.  
And though you cannot see me, I lay between two lovers at the hearth of fireplaces.  
I am the twinkle in your child's eyes.  
I am hidden in the lines of your mother's face.  
I am your father's shield as he guards your home.  
And yet, some say I am stronger than steel, yet I am as fragile as a tear. Some have never searched for me, yet I am around them always. 
Some say I die with loss, yet I am endless. 
And though you cannot hear me, I dance on the laughter of children.  
I am woven into the whispers of passion.  
I am in the blessings of Grandmothers.  
I embrace the cries of newborn babies.  
And yet, some say I am a flower, yet I am also the seed.  
Some have little faith in me, yet I will always believe in them.  
Some say I cannot cure the ill, yet I nourish the soul.  
And though you cannot touch me, I am the gentle hand of the kind.  
I am the fingertips that caress your cheek at night.  
I am the hug of a child.  
I am love....  
¸.•♥♥•.¸ 
Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment